Sunday, October 23, 2011

As the year winds down

Well I'm officially almost done with my AmeriCorps year, crazy huh? I have to say as our last project working with Habitat for Humanity here in Wilmington, DE has been absolutely wonderful. The amount of things that we get to learn and work on is incredible, and the opportunity to lead volunteers has been such a great experience. I mean where else would I learn how to put up walls or what shaft liner and sheething are. I have absolutely no complaints about this project whatsoever, it has so far been a wonderful experience. The individuals we get to work with are fantastic and really it's just a great project. I really wish AmeriCorps would include more projects like this, it is not very often that you are able to learn so many new skills as well as work with other volunteers in a leadership position.

Anyway all we have left is a week and a half here at Habitat and I have to say I wish we had been here longer. The exciting thing is I'll be home in 25 days! Although I still do not have a job so I'm just stressing a bit over that. Oh well, here's some pictures!

The purple stuff is shaft liner

Phase 1

Phase 2



The team!

DJ and I with Vance Worley from the Phillies


Sheething

No comments:

Post a Comment